BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Significance of today

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
There is a very long list toward the end of this post. How I wish I was reading all about these babies' milestones instead of how much pain their families are in.

Most of us in this little blog world, know this.
I wish it would all stop. It sucks. Big time.
I posted the Video from the Stillbirth Foundation on Facebook too. Not to make people feel bad or awkward but to get them to open their eyes to things that go on around them. That the world is not a perfect place, in fact it is one where many die and suffer every year. An equally large number of babies die every year as well as all the more common causes of death for adults etc. But how many recognise that?

This video is from the Stillbirth Foundation in Australia. It is hard to watch...I recognise the pain in many of those faces. If only it could have been so different for all of us.
I couldn't figure out how to get the actual video in the post- I'm feeling way too frazzled and emotional to keep trying, but please follow the link and have a look. You may recognise Sally, from Tuesday's Hope...Hope's picture is labelled with her name. She is pictured with her Mummy and her Daddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vuvm3uVT8E

I join with Sally and all of you other amazing women as tonight (at 7pm), we light a candle- or in our case 2- for our precious ones that are no longer with us. My heart is breaking today for all of us.

In honour and rememberance of my beautiful twin boys....you are always in our hearts. We miss you more than we can say. much love always, Mummy xx


All of the little baby friends Matthew and Joshua are playing with up in heaven...

And I know there a many more out there....I tried to include as many as I could remember from my wonderful blogging community and IRL also. If I have forgotten anyone, please, please add them to the list in a comment and I will edit my post. All of our babies are important and never, ever forgotten. I have added names to the top of the list that Sally started.

Matthew & Joshua
Andrew (Doran)
Baby E (Doran)
Aubrey & Ellie

Bailey
Chase
Wyatt
Baby Mitchell
Baby Carr
Baby Griffiths
Baby Gethin
Baby Mallin
Bridgitte & Ashlyn
Tyler & Maddy
Hudson
Gavin & Parker
Baby Hutchison (Tina , I hope you don't mind me adding this to the list :-)
Vivian & Annemarie
Bryce
Carleigh
Emma & Chase
Suz's 2 angels
Mackenzie
Magnus
Jasper
Adison & Lillian.
Jordan Daniel
Jenna Belle
Maxton
Phineas
Elijah
Jett

Christian
Lucia
Iris
Ezra
Cayden
Jordan
Silas
Lev
Sam
Tikva
Alice
George
Teddy
Cameron
Henry
Harry
Charlotte
Jacob
Hannah
Callum
Serenity
Caleb
Maddy
Malou
Ciaran
Georgina
Emma
Collin
Zachery
Finn
Ferdinand
Sienna
Angel
Fionn
A.
William
Malina
Lachlan
Abigail
Mackenzie
Sky
Rose
Sophie
Peyton
Rory
Nicholas
Curtis
Kara
Birdie
Leila
Leyla
Noah
Maya
Baker
Akul
Calvin
Spencer
Isla
Josie
Jack
Colden
Zoe
Ashlyn
Caitlin
Alexander
Lucy
Avery & Sophie
Sophie & Aiden
Sophia & Ellie
Sophia & Nicholas

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend xxxx

Laura said...

Isn't it amazing- seeing the names- the long long list- and to think the difference they made in the life of their families- and beyond- and to think that is just the tip of the iceberg! I'm glad that you wrote this! Thank you for remembering and being a voice for others!
Hugs-
Laura

Suz said...

Hello Sarah....thankyou so much for the comment on my blog and for remembering my 2 angels on your list. You brought me to tears with that....and i realised something....we never named our precious babies that we lost early in the pregnancies and now i kind of wish we did. I didn't even know what gender they were and i regret that. Maybe i might think about some names. Remembering Matthew and Joshua with you today xxxx

Tina said...

Thank you for including my girls. Remembering all of our babies who left us too soon. xx

OhlsonFamily said...

Thinking of you - thanks for your friendship - Can you add Phineas to your list?! loving you - hugs. nay

Rikki said...

Wow what a long list and to think that there is so many many more precious babes that have left too soon. Can you please add Elijah and Jett to your list
thanks,
thinking of your boys and everyone elses today and always.
xxx

Sarah said...

Thanks Seraphim...I'm honoured you have commented on my post (you're a bit like blogging royalty you realise!!! :-) ...and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers- I am truly touched. xx

You're so very welcome Laura :-) The statistics are huuuuge for infant/stillborn loss....staggering really. Privileged to be able to remember Andrew and baby F today xx

Hi Suz...awww- my heart goes out to you. Don't feel bad about not naming your babes before...if it's something you're up for now, it is pretty special. Did you have any inklings about what they were?? I will pray for clarity and peace as you ponder such precious things as names for your darlings. Thankyou for remembering M & J tooxx

Tina, remembering and hurting with you. Happy to honour your girls this way.

love you nay xx

Thanks Rikki, I have added Elijah and Jett too. xx

Sarah said...

oh der Laura...that should be baby "E" shouldn't it? Sorry friendxx

Mrs. A said...

Sarah Thank you so much for thinking of my girls! That is so wonderful of you and it means so much to me! Thinking of your boys and star today too!

Holly said...

Thank you for the wonderful list of babies. I am remembering my Jordan and Carleigh with all the other mommies and their sweet little ones. I will be lighting my candle tonight and praying for us all.

Karen said...

(((Hugs))) from another babylost mother, also overwhelmed at the numbers of babies. I sat and tears poured down my face when I watched that Australian Stillbirth video that Sally posted. We don't even *have* a stillbirth foundation in Canada. I also posted it on Facebook. Thinking of you and your babies. Of everyone's babies. I love the idea that they're all happily playing together in heaven, watching over us.

Catherine W said...

Thank you so much for remembering my little girl Sarah. You are so kind and this list is far, far too long. It makes me feel terribly sad.
Remembering your sweet boys, Matthew & Joshua. xo

Akul's mama said...

Thank you so much for remembering Akul. I thought about all the lost babies and their forever changed families on this day.

Fiona said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for remembering my Bailey. I feel so blessed to have found you, and that someone else remembers my little boy as much as I do. It means so much more than I could possibly put down in words. Thinking of you, Matthew and Joshua as well.

Take care, Sarah.
xxx

Jill said...

What an amazing and powerful video that was! **tears** Thinking of you and all the lost babies out there.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm just checking in as you haven't been here in a while. Sending hugs and love xxx